Skip to main content

First Baptist Students Continue to Bless CUOC

The student ministry at First Baptist Church of Asheboro, NC already has a rhythm to bless their community every Wednesday night.  Wednesdays are the "Send" arm of a three prong student ministry strategy of, "Win, Equip, Send," developed by Mark Hall, skilled student pastor for over thirty years.  Mark's group normally volunteers once a week with community organizations like CUOC, Habitat for Humanity, Your Choices Randolph and helping shut ins. 



Last night the student ministry team gathered once again to do what feels normal to them:  packing federal food assistance boxes.  Together, they packed 135 boxes. The team has been doing this for years so the students know what to do when they arrive.  They're a well-oiled machine!  CUOC depends on this group monthly to get the boxes packed and ready to distribute to the community.  In these times the group will be at CUOC almost weekly to help ready the pantry for the community.

When pastoral staff at First Baptist met this past Tuesday they decided to lead the church in a pounding for CUOC.  On Wednesday, April 8th the student volunteer team will be at CUOC from 6-7pm to receive and shelve drive in donations from the church family that CUOC will disburse to those in need in our community.  The student team will accept donations through minimal contact. 

These students are learning the importance of serving in times like these.  Boxes cannot be distributed if they are not packed.  They take pride in being the workforce behind meeting the needs of Randolph County. 

Jesus' teachings are clear:

34 Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.'  Matthew 25:34-36

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God's Miracle in Valerie French

At 47 yrs old Valerie French had 2 massive strokes.  She couldn't walk or talk and was bedridden.  A lot of prayers went up for her.  Valerie wants everyone to know that God works miracles.  She couldn't talk but she worked in therapy and started walking.  She'd walk and walk.  She'd walk a mile a day.  Even though she could walk she still couldn't talk very well.  She also couldn't write.  Every day she'd try to write the alphabet for hours to practice.  Her strokes resulted in the non-use of her dominant right hand. She'd have her husband go to the library to get elementary school spelling books to learn to spell words again.  She said she lost the ability to do everything.  She had to relearn a lot.  She didn't even remember the names of her own children.  She relearned everything: how to eat, bathe, walk, talk, etc.   "God gave me the strength to keep working and working.  I couldn't pray like everybody else.  All I could do

Armenian Pastor Arman's War Testimony

  Hello Brothers and Sisters in Christ Jesus our Lord My name is Arman . I was born in Yerevan, capital city of Armenia. I am 41 years old. I am a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ already about 27 years. I have had Water Baptism in 19 95 , in the Armenian Baptist Church of Yerevan. I am married already over 17 years and we have a son of 12 and a daughter of 10. I want to share how God has saved my life and lives of those with me. As some of you already are informed, on 27 th of September, 2020, Azerbaijan (in the help of Turkey) started a War against Armenians, it attacked on Artsakh- Nagorno Karabakh Republic (de facto Independent Armenian Country) . Azerbaijan involved in this War military advisers. They had weapons and armored vehicles from Turkey. Special Islamist terroristic groups- mercenaries from Syria were brought to fight against Armenians from Syria. They used much more Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) (bought from Israel) also. It was really a terrible war, wh

Pressing Through Adversity: Luke 4:16-30

We are in summer, not according to the calendar, but school is out.  I always enjoyed summer reading programs while I was growing up.  The bookmobile even came to my street. One way we communicate is through books.  As we read we learn new vocabulary and we learn.  Even what we're doing now is communicating.  A sermon or preaching is  something we don't have in other aspects of our lives.  Preaching allows us to work through a passage of scripture.  What's so significant about preaching?  Some say preaching won't last in our culture.  The reasons why we communicate in sermons is this is how Jesus communicated.    Jesus taught and spoke to people.  Jesus was a preacher.  One of the main ways Jesus communicated was through preaching when Jesus was in his public ministry.  Jesus was so influential that even people who didn't believe He was God called him, "Rabbi" which means teacher.  Preaching can convict us and take us to a place that's uncomfortable.