Skip to main content

New Mask Sewing Ministry Needs Your Help!

3/31/20Update on Mask Sewing Ministry:  There are 5 women and 1 man sewing to provide masks for local health care workers.  Seven agencies have been served so far.  All are local agencies except fr one in Mocksville.  Over 200 masks have been sewn and donated so far.  Requests are still coming in and they'll continue to sew until the need no longer exists.  Needs: Financial support for the purchase of thread and machine needles, men's polo knit shirts, tight weave and NO NYLON.  We've also added a sign on the containers the masks are in.  


How all of this started:

When church member, Penny Rose, who works in a certified nursing facility, called church member Janet Myers asking about the possibility of sewing masks for their staff, Janet gladly accepted the task!  Janet is also working with a liaison at Randolph Health and Moses Cone to sew masks and face shields.   The great thing about fabric masks is they can be laundered and reused.  Volunteers are needed to help sew.  If you cannot sew, you can volunteer to cut fabric or elastic.  Currently there's a shortage of  1/4 inch elastic.  Donations are greatly appreciated!  For more information contact Janet Myers for patterns and instructions if you'd like to do this in your home.


Church member Steve Campion joined the effort and here's the specific need his wife, Kathy posted on Facebook recently, " Okay, Stephen is rising to the the call of the War effort. He is on a roll making masks.If anyone would like to help with supplies, it would enable him 2 make more. He can not get elastic, so is making them with bias tape. The tape needs two to be 1/4 to 1/2 inch wide. This can be purchased at Hobby lobby for $1.79 and only makes 4. Check your stash for elastic, bias tape, flannel, and tighty woven 100% cotton fabric. It could be dropped off at our house or other arrangements can be made to get items to him.
Thanks for supporting the cause."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Challenges from the Holy Spirit: Luke 8:22-25; Matthew 7:1 2 and Chronicles 7:14

  We are living in some of the most challenging, difficult, frustrating and confusing times.   People’s emotions, relationships, fears, and sense of security are all over the place. During these times I have been asking God two questions: 1.     God, what are You trying to teach me? 2.     How should I respond? My prayer is that when we leave this place, the Holy Spirit will so speak that we will have a greater resolved to live daily with Jesus. Prayer:   Lord, let Your blessings be upon the message today.   Have mercy on the speaker.   He is a sinner in need of Your grace.   Have mercy upon the listeners, we might hear what You might have in store.   Will You speak to all of this morning through your Holy Spirit, so when we leave this place, You will see that our desire to live daily with Jesus has increase.   We thank You for this time to be a gathered church.   We offer this prayer relying upon J e...

Life Lessons at the Jordan River Seminary: 2 Kings 6:1-7

  April 12, 1981, I had this unnerving thought; “I don’t know what I am going to do with my life”.  O wow!  I wonder if I have any company in the room this morning if some of you have had thoughts like that!  I remember the date well.  When the first space shuttle Columbia launched on April 12, I was finishing work on my second degree. I was 7 months from getting married and 8 months from entering seminary. I was in a good Sunday School group in a collegiate environment.  In fact, I drove the van for the collegiate group.  I even drove by Karen’s dorm.  She said she had a ride, “thank you”.  I never told dad and mom about April 12.   He would have said; “Okay we’ll increase the acreage and bring in more cows.   That means more hay bailing.   This is the day job.   The factories are hiring night workers.   Get it together! People all over this room have moments when you felt you were at the bottom. You wonder if yo...

Corona Caroling

Here's some of the group caroling at their 2nd facility, Crossroads Church member, Alison Hargett has led a group to minister in a local assisted living center.   They've led Bible School for the residents for a few years now and this has turned into a monthly Bible Study for residents with her, her daughters and some other moms and their daughters as well.  In this season of social distancing and lockdown for assisted living facilites, Alison's group got creative and went, "Corona Caroling" last week.  They sang outside the windows to the residents.  The windows couldn't be opened but they sang loud and the residents loved it!  They did a couple of songs with American Sign Language and brought smiles to faces.  They've made plans with another facility for this coming week and look forward to doing this again.  "We can't do our normal Bible Study but we figured out a way to bring them a little joy anyways!" said Hargett. Af...