How often have you said to someone “your timing is perfect?”
In the last 6 weeks, I have experienced God’s perfect timing. During a
dinner conversation at a Wednesday Night Fellowship Supper, a church member, who I
will call Lydia, shared a touching story about a special gift she received some time back. While Lydia had every good intention of using this
gift, time passed, it only collected dust and took up space. Lydia listened
that night as I shared about my love for sewing and how I especially enjoyed
applique and creative sewing projects. Several weeks later Lydia
approached me with a wonderful surprise! She wanted me to have that special
gift that she had spoken about at dinner one night. You guessed it! It's a
sewing machine! Not just any sewing machine, but a machine that has all
the bells and whistles that a seamstress dreams about! Little did I know
that this sewing machine would later be the work horse that has enabled me to
sew over 400 face masks for first responders and healthcare professionals in
our community during the COVID19 Crisis. You may be thinking, “Lydia’s timing was
just right,”but I think it was God’s timing, His perfect timing. He’s never
too early, never too late, but ALWAYS on time!
Keep watching. Question: When will the end be? Jesus is coming to restore all things. There will be no more dying and no more fear. Jesus gives the disciples the hope of His return. He wants them to have assurance. “When are you doing to all these things?” the disciples wonder. We do this with other things in our lives as well. For example, when someone gets engaged we ask, “When’s the date?” When someone is about to graduate we want to know the graduation date. We want to have the details. This is a natural curiosity. We have the same questions the disciples had. Answer: We do not know when Jesus will return . There’s the answer! It’s an important answer. This is the most important future event of our lives, when Jesus answers the disciples in verse 36: ...

What a wonderful testimony!
ReplyDelete