Skip to main content

Mission Partner God Story, Sarah Grace Moxley White


"I don't know about you, but I have felt so overwhelmed by the layers of hurt and injustice so many are experiencing in this pandemic. The list is endless and we all have a different front row seat. Mine is in proximity to our homeless friends here in Wilmington through my role at Vigilant Hope.
It is really easy to focus on all the awful.
But I'm choosing to look for the movement of God instead.
That doesn't mean looking away from the hurt. Actually the opposite. It means staring injustice in the face and squinting your eyes so hard that you can barely see to look for the traces of the Lord at work in it.
I'll be honest and say that I can't always see it.
But I know that I for sure won't see it if I stop looking.
So I keep looking. And sometimes, God makes it clear.
Sometimes the movement of God shows up in a solitary grocery bag in the back seat of my car when I drove by our community meal site (after an unexpected detour) and saw one of our friends dejectedly walking away, having realized that she missed our meal. Y'all, as soon as I saw her, I knew in my heart that God had prompted me to grab that bag just for her.
And as she walked away into the stormy weather, tears came to my eyes because this friend may be overlooked and ignored by many, but God knows her and loves her and created an every-day miracle to provide for her hunger that night.
So keep looking for the movement of God, friends. You just might see it show up right here in the mess with us."

Sarah Grace Moxley White is one of the mission partners of First Baptist Church of Asheboro, NC.  Sarah serves and ministers to the homeless population of Wilmington, NC through a ministry called Vigilant Hope.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Armenian Pastor Arman's War Testimony

  Hello Brothers and Sisters in Christ Jesus our Lord My name is Arman . I was born in Yerevan, capital city of Armenia. I am 41 years old. I am a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ already about 27 years. I have had Water Baptism in 19 95 , in the Armenian Baptist Church of Yerevan. I am married already over 17 years and we have a son of 12 and a daughter of 10. I want to share how God has saved my life and lives of those with me. As some of you already are informed, on 27 th of September, 2020, Azerbaijan (in the help of Turkey) started a War against Armenians, it attacked on Artsakh- Nagorno Karabakh Republic (de facto Independent Armenian Country) . Azerbaijan involved in this War military advisers. They had weapons and armored vehicles from Turkey. Special Islamist terroristic groups- mercenaries from Syria were brought to fight against Armenians from Syria. They used much more Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) (bought from Israel) also. It was really a terrible war, wh

God's Miracle in Valerie French

At 47 yrs old Valerie French had 2 massive strokes.  She couldn't walk or talk and was bedridden.  A lot of prayers went up for her.  Valerie wants everyone to know that God works miracles.  She couldn't talk but she worked in therapy and started walking.  She'd walk and walk.  She'd walk a mile a day.  Even though she could walk she still couldn't talk very well.  She also couldn't write.  Every day she'd try to write the alphabet for hours to practice.  Her strokes resulted in the non-use of her dominant right hand. She'd have her husband go to the library to get elementary school spelling books to learn to spell words again.  She said she lost the ability to do everything.  She had to relearn a lot.  She didn't even remember the names of her own children.  She relearned everything: how to eat, bathe, walk, talk, etc.   "God gave me the strength to keep working and working.  I couldn't pray like everybody else.  All I could do

Pressing Through Adversity: Luke 4:16-30

We are in summer, not according to the calendar, but school is out.  I always enjoyed summer reading programs while I was growing up.  The bookmobile even came to my street. One way we communicate is through books.  As we read we learn new vocabulary and we learn.  Even what we're doing now is communicating.  A sermon or preaching is  something we don't have in other aspects of our lives.  Preaching allows us to work through a passage of scripture.  What's so significant about preaching?  Some say preaching won't last in our culture.  The reasons why we communicate in sermons is this is how Jesus communicated.    Jesus taught and spoke to people.  Jesus was a preacher.  One of the main ways Jesus communicated was through preaching when Jesus was in his public ministry.  Jesus was so influential that even people who didn't believe He was God called him, "Rabbi" which means teacher.  Preaching can convict us and take us to a place that's uncomfortable.